The Dark Room

Tuesday 1 March 2011

New York City (part one)

As a surprise 40th birthday present to me, my wife arranged for the family to visit New York City.Its a fantastic place for its architecture, fine dinning, shopping, site seeing and of coarse Central Park for it's Birding. I met up with a couple of local birder's who kindly showed me around. The park is not at its peak for numbers of birds at this time of year but I was more than happy with what I saw in a couple of hours birding in the morning, the numbers of birds go through the park in migration time is amazing.

American Robin

Northern Cardinal

Blue Jay

Red-breasted Nuthatch

White-breasted Nuthatch

White-throated Sparrow

Common Grackle

Brown-headed Cowbird

Fox Sparrow

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shaun
    Great pics of "common" birds which would be megas here! I was lucky enough to get an hour's birding in in Central Park on a recent business trip to NY and clocked nine lifers - looks like you had just as good a time there too!
    Regards
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex
    Thanks for your comment,yes its a great place to go and really enjoyed the park. If I get another chance to go again, May would be a nice time.

    ReplyDelete