The Dark Room

Sunday 26 August 2012

A day of two halfs

This morning I smashed the patch for 3 hours from about 6.15am and to be honest it was very quiet (dead), but when I got home and spoke to Monkey that the Wryneck was still at Wanstead flats things could only get better? We were greeted by some of the Wanstead crew Jono, Nick and Tim where they showed us where the Wryneck had been seen and which was found by Tony Brown the day before (lucky sod), not just a Wryneck but Redstart,Spot fly and Pied fly too were all in the area in the last few days!!! It's the first time I've been to the flats but not my last. It's a little oasis in the middle of a concrete jungle.....It was a lot better than the patch was, we had the Redstart, Yellow wag and a female Marsh Harrier over which is a site rare!Sorry Jono, but I did try to get you on to it. It just shows that the more people on a patch makes it a better one. Come to the Ingrebourne Valley it needs more birders!!!
Looks like I wasn't the only person who has not been to Wanstead before!

No comments:

Post a Comment