The Dark Room

Saturday 27 March 2010

Its not all work

Ah thats better
Managed to see the Little Owl before work this morning,had a quick look on the Berwick Resevoir but no luck with any LRPs having recorded the worst man flu ever it made me fill even worse receiving news of Alpine Swift in london again and a pallid swift in suffolk which the East London lads were on their way to twitch but sadly with no success.I received info of a Ring ouzel was over Rainham RSPB so me and jo (my wife) met up with paul boy and his dad roger but did not see it. Jo and i had refreshments at the cafe where i treated jo to the bread pudding which see tells me its the best.So i woke up felling crap did not see much all day but it was still good to be out.........

2 comments:

  1. Andrea (my wife) and I went to Rainham Marshes RSPP on the Staurday too. When we arrived we were told of of the Ring Ouzel so we headed to where it was last seen. Andrea saw it but I was too busy scanninig with binoculars to have caught it.

    We were glad though, the Rainham woods were alive with song birds. Dunnock, Greenfinch and Cetti's Warbler were particualy songfull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve saw a hoopoe at rainham today 4th April and the Alpine Swift at the Warren Gorge, thanks for your comment

    ReplyDelete