The Dark Room

Monday 13 July 2020

Ringing ticks

Saturday morning I joined up with PRO up at the farm with PH for a woodland/garden species ringing session. Over 50 birds processed was a decent total and PH finally got to ring a Pied Wagtail after a five year wait. A code 5 Male was also a first in the hand for me to to be fair - smart birds.

I was up again before 5am Sunday morning with PH ringing at our little site. With over 40 birds processed the highlights were recapturing a male Common Whitethroat ringed back in May 2019 by me as a code 4, which has certainly done some milage migrating back and forth to the south of the Sahara . But bird of the weekend was a beautiful Adult Green Sandpiper, which was a massive surprise when I picked it out of the mist net!


No comments:

Post a Comment