The Dark Room

Sunday 21 October 2012

Ring! Ring! Ring!

The morning couldn't of started any better at Barking Bay as me and Paul found 3 Ring Ouzel in the tops of the bushes at first light. They are always a good bird to find locally even if I haven't found one at the Valley after 18 years!. Anyway, I have now at Barking. The idea was to tag along and watch the other two ringing. Emma and Paulboy set up the nets for a mini ringing session. Not high numbers of birds were caught but it's really enjoyable going through plumage details and is something I'm very keen on doing more of in the future. A bit of Viz-mig with Redpolls,Siskins and pipits over and a few Chaffinches too. It's not often I get to see/find 3 Ouzels together so I was well chuffed this morning!!!
1st year Robin
A Wren looks even smaller in the hand, although they are common it's always great to see them up close!

No comments:

Post a Comment