The Dark Room

Sunday 12 February 2012

Flushed

I spent a couple of hours on Saturday and Sunday on the patch this weekend and really had some superb local birding. A Jack Snipe on both days, and is a patch tick for me. I am still kicking myself that I did not get a picture of it, as it was in the stream behind the play ground area. It was only feet away but didn't see it, till I nearly stepped on it. The same happened on Saturday but his time flushed from Ingrebourne Hill. Also this weekend I had my 2rd Woodcock of the year flushed from the small paddock. The Little Owl has returned too. The Kingfisher and Grey Wagtail were feeding in the same stream were it was free from ice. Unlike most of the small stream had iced over. A Buzzard was seen on both days too. I Still can't get over the Jack Snipe, nearly 18 years on the patch with out seeing one Jack Snipe. Then two come along at once.......



Female Grey Wagtail







Might do a bit more work in getting a better photo of this male Kingfisher in the future, like a temporary hide?



Glad to to see this Little Owl in its favourite tree again after weeks of not seeing a single one in the valley.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Martin it was a good weekend on the patch. Still no Bittern though.

    ReplyDelete